10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- I was born and raised in a small town in Sweden called Sundsvall. In wintertime I sometimes walked to school in such freezing degrees I remember my nostrils would freeze shut and frost would form on my eyelashes.
- I was raised by my mother Eva who is a wonderful textile artist and painter. Being surrounded by an environment that encouraged creativity and making things by hand has certainly shaped me into the artist/designer I am today.
- I sold my first piece of jewelry at the age of 10. My mother allowed me to bring my polymer clay jewelry to one of her art exhibits. I sold for a total of 700 Swedish kronor. I remember thinking it was a fortune. And then I probably bought candy for all of it.
- I love watching science fiction movies. My mother and I would go to the local movie rental place and pick up Legend or Willow and watch them over and over again before they had to be re-winded and returned. Really showing my age with this one.
- I used to be a serial do-it-yourself hair colorist with various results. I’ve had white, silver, dark brown, red, lavender and one time peachy orange with chewing gum texture. Had to chop it all off as there was no saving that hair. Now I know better and see a professional.
- I wore a princess crown for my wedding. It’s an old Swedish tradition to wear a crown although not many brides do it today. But I decided to make one for myself. It was in my early days as a silversmith and I think I got it together with pure willpower. Maybe I should make a separate post about that?
- My husband and I have two amazing children named Eden (soon 10) and Phoenix (soon 8). Eden was just diagnosed with ADHD and navigating that and all the learning that comes with it is currently taking up a lot of my time. If you are in a similar situation or have any advice to share please send me a message!
- We bought a fixer-upper in 2016 and after we basically gutted it we had to live all four of us in one room (plus kitchen and bathroom) for almost two years. I would not recommend renovating with small kids…
- I am a definitely a cat person (sorry all dog lovers). Last spring a rough looking little guy showed up in our yard and wouldn’t leave. To make a long story short he now sleeps in our bed and goes by the name of Findus.
- I am such a procrastinator. I can get an insane amount of work done in a short amount of time but only if I have a very tight deadline.
So there you have it. Some random bits of information about me. If you could share one thing about you that people might not know what would that be?